GENERAL INSTRUCTIONS FOR MANUSCRIPT SUBMISSION
- Respiratory Science will only accept manuscript that never been published before elsewhere and currently not being considered for publication elsewhere.
- Manuscripts reporting basic and/or clinical research (ART) within the fields of pulmonology and respiratory medicine (asthma, lung physiology, respiratory infection including tuberculosis, thoracic oncology, interstitial lung disease, pulmonary hypertension, precision medicine, environmental tobacco control, intensive care, sleep-related disorder, occupational pulmonary disease, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, and pulmonary intervention and emergency medicine) are welcomed to the Respiratory Science.
- Manuscript submission must be preceded by registration of the author(s) using the Respiratory Science website by accessing https://respiratoryscience.or.id/. Please refer to the “User Registration Guide” available in the given website address for registration details.
- Manuscript must be written in clear and concise English and should conform to the general style of the Respiratory Science.
- Manuscript must be prepared using Microsoft® Word application and should be saved as a .docx or .doc file. Text must be typed using 12 pt Times New Roman within A4 paper size, single spaced, double column and justified throughout. Manuscript must be bordered by 2.5 cm margin for every side of the page (left, right, top, bottom).
- General template for manuscript preparation is downloadable here: TEMPLATE FOR MANUSCRIPT
- Manuscript file name format is (institution)-(main author surname)-(scope); contoh: UI-Fulan-COPD.docx
- Manuscript must include: (1) Title page, (2) Manuscript Page and (3) Reference Page.
- Manuscript must enclose cover letter (printed, signed and scanned as *.pdf): DOWNLOAD HERE
INSTRUCTIONS FOR TITLE PAGE
- Title page must include: manuscript title, author information, abstract and keywords.
- Manuscript title should be concise, informative and suitable for indexing. Title must be capitalized each word and must be less than 20 words. Manuscript that has been presented in an oral session must include information of time and place of the presentation on the footnote.
- Author information must include below manuscript title. Author information consist of full name and institution name from all authors. Specify correspondence author with active email and telephone number. Main author should be indicated by a symbol and must be able to be contacted using given email. Institution email is recommended for this matter.
- Abstract must be included below author information. Abstract must not be longer than 250 words and must be consisted of background, method, result and conclusion.
- Keywords must be included below abstract. Keywords must be provided up to 5 keywords without necessarily rephrasing from the title. Each of keyword must be separated by a coma (,)
- Manuscript Page must follow Title Page and must include the content of the manuscript. Manuscript must be at least 5 pages and must be no more than 15 pages.
- Manuscript for ART type must consist of:
- Graphic and table must be separated from Manuscript Page. Graphic and table must be numbered by the order of the appearance within the Manuscript Page. Each graphic and table title and content must be typed in 10 pt and single spaced. Graphic title must be placed below respective graphic. Table title must be placed above respective table. Table must not be presented as picture (.bmp, .gif, .jpg, .png, etc). Table should be prepared in portrait orientation and must not be separated between pages. Only horizontal table bars allowed; table bar must be bordering topmost and bottommost part and must be bordering table header and table content. Submission must not exceed accumulatively six graphics and tables.
- Reference Page must follow Manuscript Page. Reference and citation style must be written in English and stylized using Vancouver style. Please refer the Vancouver guideline for citation and journal abbreviation: https://wilkes.libguides.com/c.php?g=191948&p=1266458
- Reference citation must be numbered by the order of citation and must be typed superscript throughout the manuscript.
- Citation manager applications (BibTeX, EndNote, Mendeley, Zotero, etc.) should be used.
- Manuscript must include at least one reference article from a previous Respiratory Science issue.
- Example of Vancouver citing style:
1. Journal articles
- Standard articles
Vega Kj, Pina I, Krevsky B. Heart transplantation is associated with an increased risk for pancreatobiliary disease. Ann Intern Med. 1996;124:980-3.
- More than six authors
Parkin Dm, Clayton D, Black RJ, Masuyer E, Freidl HP, Ivanov E, et al. Childhood leukaemia in Europe after Chernobyl: 5 year follow-up. Br J Cancer. 1996;73:1006-12.
- Organization as author
The Cardiac Society of Australia and New Zealand. Clinical exercise stress testing. Safety and performance guidelines. Med J Aust. 1996;164:282-4.
- No author
Cancer in South Africa [editorial]. S Afr Med J. 1994;84:15.
- Articles written other in English and Bahasa Indonesia
[Ryder TE, Haukeland EA, Solhaug JH. Bilateral infrapatellar seneruptur hos tidligere frisk kvinne]. Tidsskr Nor Laegeforen. 1996;116:41-2.
- Issue with supplement
Shen HM, Zhang QF. Risk assessment of nickel carcinogenicity and occupational lung cancer. Environ Health Perspect. 1994;102(Suppl 1):275-82.
- Volume with supplement
Payne DK, Sullivan MD, Massie MJ. Women`s psychological reactions to breast cancer. Semin Oncol. 1996;23(1 Suppl 2):89-97.
- Volume with part
Ozben T, Nacitarhan S, Tuncer N. Plasma and urine sialic acid in non-insulin dependent diabetes mellitus. Ann Clin Biochem. 1995;32(Pt 3):303-6.
- Issue with part
Poole GH, Mills SM. One hundred consecutive cases of flap laceration of the leg in ageing patients. N Z Med J. 1990;107(986 Pt 1):377-8.
- Issue with no volume
Turan I, Wredmark T, Fellander-Tsai L. Arthroscopic ankle arthrodesis in rheumatoid arthritis. Clin Orthop. 1995;(320):110-4.
- No issue and volume
Browell DA, Lennard TW. Immunologic status of cancer patient and the effects of blood transfusion on antitumor responses. Curr Opin Gen Surg. 1993;325-33.
- Page number written in Roman numerals
Fischer GA, Sikic BI. Drug resistance in clinical oncology and hematology. Introduction. Hematol Oncol Clin North Am. 1995;9:xi-xii.
2. Books and monographs
- Personal author(s)
Ringsven MK, Bond D. Gerontology and leadership skills for nurses. 2nd ed. Albany (NY): Delmar Publishers; 1996.
- Editor/compiler as author
Norman IJ, Redfern SJ, editors. Mental health care for elderly people. New York: Churchill Livingstone; 1996.
- Organization as author
Institute of Medicine (US). Looking at the future of the Medicaid program. Washington: The Institute; 1992.
- Chapter in an edited book
Philips SJ, Whisnant JP. Hypertension and stroke. In: Laragh JH, Brenner BM, editors. Hypertension: patophysiology, diagnosis, and management. 2nd ed. New York: Raven Press; 1995.p.465-78.
- Conference proceedings
Kimura J, Shibasaki H, editors. Recent advances in clinical neurophysiology. Proceedings of the 10th International Congress of EMG and Clinical Neurophysiology; 1995 Oct 15-19; Kyoto, Japan. Amsterdam: Elsevier; 1996.
- Conference paper
Bengstsson S, Solheim BG. Enforcement of data protection, privacy and security in medical information. In: Lun KC, Degoulet P, Piemme TE, Rienhoff O, editors. MEDINFO 92. Proceedings of the 7th World Congress on Medical Informatics; 1992 Sep 6-10; Geneva, Switzerland. Amsterdam: North-Hollan; 1992.p.1561-5.
3. Scientific reports and writings
Smith P, Golladay K. Payment for durable medical equipment billed during skilled nursing facility stays. Final report. Dallas (TX): Dept. of Health and Human Services (US), Office of Evaluation and Inspection; 1994 Oct. Report No.: HHSIGOEI69200860.
- Edited publication with sponsor
Field MJ, Tranquada RE, Feasley JC, editors. Health services research: work force and education issues. Washington: National Academy Press; 1995. Contract no.: AHCPR282942008. Sponsored by the Agency for Health Care Policy and research.
Kaplan SJ. Post-hospital home health care: the elderly/access and utilization [dissertation]. St. Louis (MO): Washington univ.; 1995.
- Newspaper article
Lee G. Hospitalizations tied to ozone pollution: study estimates 50,000 admissions annually. The Washington Post 1996 Jun 21;Sect A:3 (col. 5).
- Audiovisual materials
HIV + AIDS: the facts and the future [video cassette]. St. Louis (MO): Mosby-Year book; 1995.
4. Electronic materials
- Online serial articles
Morse SS. Factors in the emergence of infectious disease. Emerg Infect Dis [serial online] 1995 Jan-Mar [cited 1996 Jun 5]:1(1):[24 screens]. Available from: URL: HYPERLINK http://www.cdc.gov/ncidod/EID/eid.htm
- Electronic monographs
CDI, clinical dermatology illustrated [monograph on CD-ROM]. Reeves JRT, Maibach H. CMEA Multimedia Group, producers. 2nd ed. Version 2.0. San Diego: CMEA; 1995.
- Computer archives
Hemodynamics III: the ups and downs of hemodynamics [computer program]. Version 2.2. Orlando (FL): Computerized Educational Systems; 1993.